Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Layout Share: Family Memories

Starting in March over at Memorable Seasons, we are choosing a member to highlight and each of the design team members use a layout of theirs for inspiration. Tracy was chosen for the month of March. This is the layout of Tracy's that used as my starting point: "Rain, Rain".
Image
I really like how she had the photos arranged on her page and the title nested in the photos. I also loved how she added the pattern papers in sections.

Here's what I came up with:
Image

I stamped the red labels and added some direct-to-paper inking in a cream color to age them a bit. Then I stamped the title in the center of the largest label with a turquoise inkpad and a brown marker. I love these little silverware embellishments and I added them with brads to work with my Thanksgiving theme.
The other two labels were stamped in the same manner as the larger title, and I used them for my journaling and the date.
You can also see some of the faux stitching I added with a brown marker.

Supplies Used:
WRMK:  Maple Grove Pattern Papers
Jenni Bowlin: Labels Acrylic Stamps
Scrappy Cat: Family Memories Stamp
Stampin' Up Inkpad: Baha Breeze
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Fired Brick, Antique Linen
Zig Brown Marker
Making Memories: Antique Copper Brads
Gold Silverware Embellishments: unknown
Heidi Swapp: Paper Edge Distresser Tool
Sandpaper
Brown and White cardstock

All products used were purchased by me personally.

No comments: