Monday, April 11, 2011

Challenge and Layout Share: Summer Surprise

Just wanted to share another layout I created in March as my sample for the Crockpot challenge I posted over at Memorable Seasons.

I love to cook from scratch, but sometimes I need an easy, no-brainer meal for busy days. My "go-to" tool for easy meals is my crockpot. So think of my challenge this week as a crockpot--you just dump in the main ingredient, add the spices, stir and let it cook until it's done.

Megan's Crockpot Creations:
Prep: 10 min
Cook Time: 1 hour
Serves: Many

Ingredients:
Main Dish: 3+ photos (photo size is up to you)
Spices: Sanded Photo Edges, Something Stamped, and Handwritten Journaling.

Mix all four ingredients together with your choice of papers and colors, and stir.

Image

Sanded photo edges:
Image
This is a quick way to help your photos stand out from your background. I use a wide emory board.

Something stamped:
Image
I also stamped the receipt background for the journaling block and the red labels.

Handwritten journaling:
Image

So for this challenge, you need to use the following ingredients:
* 3 or more photos
* Sanded photo edges
* Something stamped 
(if you don't own any stamps, then use some item around your house to create an image)
* Handwritten journaling.

This recipe is one of my favorites and can easily be personalized to fit your own taste. I can't wait to see what you come up with for this challenge!

Supplies Used:
Echo Park: For the Record Collection (papers, border sticker, and alpha stickers)
Jenni Bowlin: Label Acrylic Stamps, Register Stamp
Purple Onion Design: Star Stamps
Ranger Distress Inkpads: Fired Brick, Antique Linen, Weathered Wood
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Inkpad: Prussian Blue
Black Cardstock
Zig Black Marker
Sandpaper

All products used were purchased personally by me.

No comments: