Friday, April 15, 2011

Layout Share: Days Like These Make Me Smile

This is another layout I created with the January monthly kit from Memorable Seasons, "Petals and Polka Dots".
My larger photos were matted on a piece of white cardstock, then onto the kraft cardstock base. I used a film strip transparency to mat my smaller photos in the middle. I used a light grey paint dauber to lighten an area on the background pattern paper so I could stamp my title in that area. The border above the title was stamped with a dark brown StazOn inkpad, and I added the green sticker letters and stamped the words for the title above the stickers, and the word "smile" was stamped on top of the stickers that spelled out the word "smile". A grey copic marker was used to outline the green stickers to help them stand out a bit more from the background. The yellow lace border was hand-cut from some more of the pattern paper that came in the kit.

Then I used a notebook tab page to include my journaling.


Supplies Used:
Memorable Seasons January Kit: Petals and Polka Dots
(Pink Paislee Sweetness Papers, EK Success Alphabet letters)
Creative Imaginations Photo Negative transparency
Kraft Cardstock (DMD Inc) and White Cardstock (CTMH)
Tsukineko Inkpad: Timber Brown StazOn
Heidi Swapp: Border Stamp
Technique Tuesday: Word stamps
Copic Marker: C1 Cool Grey
Ranger Paint Dauber
Zig Brown Marker

All products, including the January kit were purchased by me personally.

No comments: