Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Yellow Rose Necklace

Here is one of the first projects I created with the Design Team Kit from Memorable Seasons.
 Jill included some awesome crochet flowers made by Julie and I used my large yellow one for this necklace in the center. The red jewel in the center was hot glued in place.
 To create the side flowers, I used this satin pleat ribbon:
I punched a circle out of cardstock, then used hot glue to attach the ribbon to the punched circle in a spiral shape. This was a super easy way to create a beautiful flower! I also glued the other two red jewels in the centers of these ribbon flowers.
 Once the flowers were created, I glued the individual flowers down to a piece of cream muslin fabric, then trimmed around it, leaving a tab at the top of each of the ribbon flowers. I attached a crimp clamp to the tab, and reinforced it with hot glue so I could attach my jewelry chain.
Then the last step was to attach the chain to the crimp clamp, and then I finished the necklace off with a jewelry clasp.

I really LOVE how this project turned out and I can't wait to create some more custom necklaces!

Supplies Used:
*Maya Road Satin Pleat Ribbon: Cream
*Yellow Crochet Rose: made by Julie, included in DT kit
*Websters Pages: Bloomers (red centers for flowers)
White cardstock circles, EK Success Circle Punch
Cream Muslin Material
Jewelry Supplies: Silver Chain, Crimp Clasps, Necklace Clasp
Hot Glue Gun


*Products received as Design Team Member. All other products were purchased by myself personally. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love, love, love this! Your satin flowers are gorgeous, and I love how you blinged the crochet rose. Stunning!