Monday, February 28, 2011

Finally, I'm able to share...

I've not been able to share some layouts and cards I've created for a little while now, and I'm excited that it's only one day away from March and I can finally share my exciting news here. :)  I was asked by Allison Davis to be a guest designer over at Sketch Support for the month of March and I've been hard at work creating some fun projects based off her sketches that will be revealed throughout March. Today, I am sharing this card I created for her creative team call. I will be posting my other creations too as they are posted over at her website...so stay tuned! :)
To create this card, I started with this sketch from Allison.

I started with a white cardstock base and stamped the circle stamps across the card diagonally with a pink inkpad. Then I stamped the same circle stamps again in green and blue, and punched them out to layer on top of the pink images. This was a quick way to "color" the background of the card.
After I finished the background, I cut a larger circle out from a green pattern paper, then inked the edges with the same pink ink. I had a leftover cow photo sitting on my desk, so I used that photo as the focal point, then added a hand-stamped saying with some mini alphabet stamps. The finishing touch was to add some clear gemstones in the center of the circles.
Supplies Used:
Stamper's Anonymous Tim Holtz Psychedelic Grunge Stamp Set
Ranger Distress Ink Pads: Worn Lipstick, Peeled Paint, Faded Jeans
EK Success Image Tree Stamps: Antique Typewriter
Uchida: Marvy Matchables Black Inkpad
Crate Paper: Restoration Line
McGill Punch: Word Tags
EK Success Circle Punches (various sizes)
Martha Stewart: Clear Gemstones
Foam Tape

No comments: