Friday, February 18, 2011

Layout Share: You are my Favorite Valentine Gift

I just wanted to share another layout I completed yesterday using a sketch by Susan Stringfellow. The theme for the sketch was a love theme, so I picked these really old photos of my son and created a layout for him.
 I used papers from the Sassafras Indie Girl line and they matched his outfit perfectly! The heart background was trimmed down into a smaller square, then I inked the edges with blue ink. My photos were adhered to the background, then I added a green journaling rectangle sticker at the top to fill in the gap.
I love that these papers had such great details to them! I used the scalloped edge as a border under my photos and the base paper was already printed with those awesome stitch lines and flowers. All I added to the base paper were the stamped words "this is why I love you" that I repeated in place of the journaling on the sketch.
 To create the title, I stamped the words "You are my most favorite" by inking the word you in red ink, then using the black marker to ink up the rest of the words. The word "valentine" was created with the glossy chipboard alphabet letters, and to finish off the title, I stamped the word "gift" at the end. I also added glossy accents to the word "you" to help it stand out more.
 My heart accents were created with a stamp that I colored in with colored pencils and then cut out and attached with foam squares. It was such a fun layout to create and I was glad I was finally able to use these photos on a page!

Supplies Used:
Sassafras Lass: Indie Girl Collection
-Free Spirit, Affection, Eclectic Elegance, Journal Tags
American Craft Thickers: Sweet Love Tomato
Ranger Distress Inkpads: Barn Door, Chipped Sapphire
Uchida: Marvy Matchables Black Inkpad
EK Success Markers: Zib Writer and Brushables
Unity Stamps: Hello My Friend
Technique Tuesday Stamps: Ali Edwards stamp
EK Success Image Tree: Antique Typewriter alpha stamps
7 Gypsies Mini Labels: Naked Color
Ranger Glossy Accents and Matte Accents
Foam Squares
Colored Pencils
Sketch by Susan Stringfellow

* All products were purchased personally by me.

No comments: