Monday, October 3, 2011

Layout Share: Texas Memories In the Spring

This is another layout I created based on Allison Davis' Sketch for September  (Two Page Sketch # 19)

“Texas Memories in the Spring”
Of course, I used the sketch as a jumping point and made a few variations. Here's all the details...

Variation #1:
For my title, I used several different sticker fonts and a stamp to create the main words. I outlined the blue glitter alphabet with a brown marker to help it stand out more and colored the words “in” and “the” with the distress stain to match the cream colors in my layout.

Variation #2:
I used one 4x6 photo and eight wallet size photos (2.5 x 3.5”). So my main photo was smaller and oriented horizontally, and my other photos were rectangular instead of squares and some were horizontal and some were vertical. When I printed my photos, I used a white border around them and I like how it gives the photos some definition and helps them stand off the page. I love how the layout had a grid-like look to it when I had all the photos adhered to the background.

Variation #3:
Because my photo sizes varied from the sketch, my pattern paper sized varied also. I used smaller pieces in between the photos and used some scraps to create the mat under my largest photo and the title. The decorative edges on the small red pieces and the main orange polka dot piece were all cut by hand. My entire layout had a larger border around all the edges since the photos I used were smaller. To ground all the pieces of paper and photos in the center of the layout, I used machine stitching in wavy lines as a border. I was inspired by the stitching lines that were drawn between the photos in the original sketch.

Variation #4:
Instead of using the smaller journaling strips on the open squares, I used stamped words in the pattern paper sections and added a flower to each area. My main journaling was written in the same place as the sketch but I used a lined pattern paper and bordered it a piece of the striped pattern paper to tie it in with the other layout papers.
 Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: My Minds Eye (Bliss: “Friends” Brocade/Red)
October Afternoon (Prize Pig, Grandstand)
Pink Paislee (Enchanting-Adorable) 
Cardstock: DMD (Kraft)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Family Circle)
7 Gypsies (Nottinghill) word-"memories"
Office Supply Date Stamp
Inks: Clearsnap Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink (Dark Brown)
Ranger Distress Stain (Antique Linen)
Stickers: Making Memories Shimmer Alpha (Spring Fling)
EK Success ‘Bookworks’ (Mini ABC’s)
EK Success (Scrabble Letter Stickers)
Pen: Zig Writer (Brown)
Tools and Embellishments: Fiskars Border Punch (Scalloped Sentiment)
Making Memories Brads (Antique Copper)
Sewing Machine and Brown Thread
Prima Flowers

No comments: