Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Card Share: Birthdays are good for you

Just wanted to share another project I finished recently. I made this for a friend who had a big birthday (60's) over the summer. This was based off a sketch by Allison Davis over at Sketch Support (Add-On Sketch #8).

"Birthdays are Good For You"

Variation #1: I created a tiny party hat to put on the front of a birthday card. I used scraps of papers I had in my scrap bin and added them to a white piece of cardstock on the diagonal. To mimic the stitching on the sketch, I stamped some stitches in black in randomly on the hat. For the top of the hat, I used a black paper flower and a ribbon rose with a gemstone glued in the center. The bottom of the hat was embellished with a scrap piece of black cardstock that had already been punched in a loop border. The party hat was adhered to my card with foam squares.

Variation #2: I also used scraps to create the rest of the card. The cream background was a larger scrap that I stamped a flourish on. The black and kraft layers were punched with a corner rounder and stamped with the same stitches stamp. I included a stamped sentiment on the front of the card and also on the inside. My finished card measures 5 x7".
 
Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: The Paper Studio (Black Flocked Damask), 
Making Memories (Ledger Text), Sweetwater (Autumn Sweet, Black Polka Dot), EK Success (Antique Journal), K&Company  (Folded Wood Tape Measure) 
Cardstock: Bazzill (Black), DMD (Kraft), Georgia Pacific (White)
Inkpads: Ranger Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy), Marvy Uchida (Black)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Hanging by a Thread), Close To My Heart (Card Sentiments), Autumn Leaves (Flourish)
Adhesive: Foam Squares and Glue Dots
Other: WeR Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Martha Stewart Punch (Loop Edger), Prima (Black Paper Flower), Maya Road (Small Organza Rose), Making Memories (Scrapbook Stitches, Cream Thread), Autumn Leaves Button (Black), The Paper Studio (Gemstone), Ranger Foam Blending Tool

No comments: