Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Layout Share: Goofy Guy

Allison Davis has done it again with another great sketch. This one was posted over at Sketch Support in August (One Page Sketch #12).

“Goofy Guy”
Here's my details and more photos...

Variation #1:
I loved how the title had the little flags on the sketch, so I mimicked the same look and stamped the word “guy” on cream cardstock, then stamped background patterns on top. These letters were hand-cut. The word “goofy” was die cut with two different fonts and placed onto some punched and stamped ticket shapes. I used the Sew Easy tool and hand-stitched a zig-zag pattern across the title and along the bottom of my page.

Variation #2:
I used three 4x6 photos by replacing the bottom three 2x2 photos with one 4x6. I like how the two photos on the right almost look like a larger photo of my son (the photo of the face close up and the shirt close up gave the look of one larger photo).

Variation #3:
I added my journaling under the photos on the bottom of my layout. I used some quote stickers and formed my journaling around those words. I wrote the rest of my journaling with a black pen to fill in the other words. This is a great way to use up those stickers that have random sayings.

Variation #4:
For my accents, in place of the hearts on the sketch, I used stamped tickets (stamped on pattern papers and cut out) along with some stamped male figures. The stamped boys were stamped with red ink onto white cardstock, then cut out and added to the layout with foam squares.

Supplies Used:
Patterned Paper: Glitz Designs (Love Games: Stripe, Polka, Floral)
Me and My Big Ideas (Mini Houndstooth)
Cosmo Cricket (Jitterbug: Lula) 
Cardstock: Close To My Heart (Cream); Bazzill (Black);  
Alphabet Die Cuts: Cuttlebug (Red Tag); Quickutz (Mini Alphas) 
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Big Timber)
Inkadinkadoo (Tickets)
Maya Road (Measure Twice)
Prima (Screen)
Stampin’Up (Paint Prints)
Stampabilities (Male Silhouette)
Inkpads: Marvy Uchida Matchables (Black)
Ranger Distress Ink (Barn Door, Pumice Stone, Brushed Corduroy)
Stickers: Creative Imaginations (Wildberry Quotes)
Pens: Zig Writer (Black)
Adhesive: Foam Squares and Glue Dots
Other: Fiskars Punch (Photo Labels)
We R Memory Keepers ‘Sew Easy’ (ZigZag)
Red Crochet Thread

No comments: