Thursday, September 29, 2011

Layout Share: Sweet Cheeks

I know, I know...it's been a while since I last posted a layout. Life just seems to happen and time speeds by in fast forward. Sometimes I just need more hours in a day. :) I've been scrapping here and there as I've had a chance, but I haven't had much time to get them posted here since the summer, so I have quite a few layouts I'll be sharing over the next few weeks.

“Sweet Cheeks”
 This layout was created based on Allison Davis' sketch for September over at Sketch Support (One Page Sketch #13).

Here's the details for my layout. I did slightly vary some of the sketch elements on my page.

Variation #1:
For my title, I used a mix of stamps and chipboard alphabet letters. The word “cheeks” was stamped in versamark ink, then heat embossed with white powder. I eliminated the banners/flags that were shown in the sketch and added my title in the space around my photos.

Variation #2:
I used two 4x6 photos and one wallet size photo (2 x 3”). So instead of just one larger horizontal photo, I used two vertical larger photos and one smaller photo in place of the 3x3 square photo.

Variation #3:
I varied the sizes of my pattern paper strips  to work around my photo placement. The paper I used for the base of the layout had a white scroll border, so I used that to my advantage and accented it with gemstones colored with sharpie markers. My accents were cut from one larger pattern paper- I trimmed the clouds out and placed them as shown on the sketch. For my journaling spot, I cut the little animal out in a rectangle from the bottom of the pattern paper, then I trimmed around the flower at the top with my scissors to create the accent. I used my corner rounder to soften the edges of my photos and papers. To pull in the colors at the top of the layout, I added some yellow stitching and a red sticker with the date.
 
Supplies Used -  
Patterned Paper: Die Cuts With a View (The Green Stack)
Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Savannah- Lower Case Alphas)
Inkpad: Tsukineko (Versamark-Clear)
Stickers:  
American Crafts Thickers (Sweet Glossy Chipboard); 
7 Gypsies Mini Label Stickers (Naked Color) 
Pens: Zig Writer (Black)
Embellishments and Details: 
Close To My Heart White Embossing Powder
Close To My Heart Heat Gun
Autumn Leaves Red Buttons
Prima Flowers
We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Making Memories Paper Piercer
Crochet Thread (Yellow & White)
The Paper Studio Clear Gemstones
Sharpie Markers (Yellow & Red)

No comments: