Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Subway Word Art: Family

This is a layout I created for one of my design team challenges over at Memorable Seasons for their online crop from earlier in January.

"Falling For Word Art"

Subway art is all the rage right now so we are going to base our challenge on the theme of word art and the number 9.
Image
Photo above from Pottery Barn

Image
Project above by Lisa Kisch

Image
Project above by Shelley Smith

My challenge for the number 9 is this:
* Use 9 words (or phrases) to create a background (think Subway sign art)--these words can be any topic you'd like.
* Add a 9 inch piece of paper to your layout (this can be cut into a shape or as wide as you want, but it has to be at least 9" long)
* Add these 9 elements to your layout-- 4 photos, 5 sets of embellishments. 4+5=9
* Since September (9th month) is the beginning of Fall, you need to use one fall color of your choice on your layout too.

Here's my layout for this challenge:

Here's some detail photos:
I created my background with a variety of stamps (alphabet stamps and word stamps). I stamped them with Versamark, then heat set them with clear embossing powder. You don't have to use stamps though...look through your supplies and see what stickers, rub-ons, die cuts, etc you have on hand.

 I added a 9 inch piece of music paper that I punched with a scallop edge. Again, this 9" piece can be as wide or as narrow as you'd like.
I did layer some of the flower embellishments, so I'm just going to count those as single stacks each. I added a brown/green flower, a pearl brad for the center, red flowers, pleated ribbon, and a kraft ticket to total 5.


Supplies Used:
Teresa Collins Noel: Sheet Music
Pink Paislee Amber Road: Apple Cider
Brown Cardstock
Maya Road: Satin Pleat Cream
Maya Road: Home Kraft Ticket
Prima Red Flowers
The Paper Company: Brown flower
Making Memories: Green Flowers (Paper and Tulle)
K&Co: Pearl Brad
Fiskars Border Punch: Scalloped Sentiment
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Brushed Corduroy
Versamark Inkpad, CTMH Clear Embossing Powder
Technique Tuesday stamps: Ali Edwards
-blessing, loving life, we thank God
CTMH alphabet stamps: family
Recollections alphabet stamps: love
KI Memories Alphabet stamps: us
Heidi Swapp stamp: Treasure
Unknown stamp: Joy

*All products used were purchased personally by me.

No comments: