Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthdays are Gr-eight! Challenge

This was my second challenge for the online crop earlier this month at Memorable Seasons.

Birthdays are gr-eight!
Image

The month of August is my birthday, so we are going celebrate that in a gr-eight way.

 My challenge for the number 8 is this:
* Create a layout with a Birthday theme (colors of your choice)
* Use 8 photos on your layout (photos can be any combination of sizes)
* Use at least one piece of ephemera from that birthday celebration on your layout (Ephemera is any written and printed item that is created to be used in everyday life, but not necessarily saved. Think: tickets, cards, labels, letters, napkins, etc.) ****edited to add: if you don't have any ephemera saved from the birthday, use something from around your house that is birthday related instead.

Here's my layout for this challenge:
Image

Image

Image
I used 8 photos on my layout and created the page with a birthday theme. (I also had to laugh later when I looked and saw that my age adds up to 8 too...not necessary to include the number 8 or a combination of numbers adding to 8 on your layout, though).

Image

Image

Image
 
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v171/mbickers/20110107_4293_edited-1.jpgI also included lots of ephemera. Several of them were from the cake itself: the yellow flowers and tags that are on the silver clips, and the card that came with my cake. I also included a pamphlet that shows all the different cakes and tells more about the Nothing Bundt Cake store.

Supplies Used:
Crate Paper Restoration Collection
-Lace and Lacey stripe papers
Making Memories Diva Shimmer Alphabet stickers: silver
Brown Cardstock
EK Success Circle Punches
Ranger Inkssentials White Pen
Sandpaper
Ephemera from birthday (cake labels, pamphlets, cards and flowers from cake)

*All products used were purchased personally by me.

No comments: