Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Cheerful Card Set

oops...found this post as a saved draft and figured it was better to post it now rather than never. :)


I have been in the card-making mood lately and who doesn't need a few extra cards on hand? I created this set to be versatile for guys or girls and I love how they turned out--so colorful and cheery!  All of these cards were created with leftover scraps from Studio Calico Anthology paper collection. I also used some Tim Holtz stamp sets and various stamps for the sayings.

For this first card, I stamped the sun rays with a dark yellow ink pad at the top of the yellow card base, then added the striped paper along the bottom with a blue section of paper and a red scalloped border. I stamped the saying and the stars, then punched it out with a decorative punch and added a green border.

I really like the look of the cut out letters, so for this next card, I mixed some of the red and blue letters together to create the saying for this card. The letters were cut out from the pattern paper. I also added some stamped stars and a punched star with a sequin. Great way to use up some scraps!

This next card was another quick one to create. I added a yellow section of paper over the floral patterned background, then punched a scalloped border and layered a skinny stripe on top. The circle was punched from the pattern paper and then I added the cut out number and letter with foam squares.

This card used one larger piece of striped paper (several patterns on the single piece of paper). All I did was border it on the right with a punched stripe paper. The saying was stamped onto white cardstock, with the star stamped on top, and punched out with a SU label punch, inked with blue ink and layered onto another punched shape.

For this card, I used the striped paper as-is and only punched the top edge with a scalloped border. Then I wrapped some ribbon and lace around it before I glued it down to the card. I used a circle punch to create the train focal point, inked the edges with red ink and a sponge, and then added the "miss you" tiny letters at the bottom.

This card was another quick one to use up some more scraps. I rounded the edges of the gray and blue papers, then glued them down onto the blue card base. The saying was stamped onto white cardstock, punched with a ticket punch, and the cardstock was distressed to match the gray colors. I also added silver star sequins.
 
This last card is a gift card holder. The entire background is a piece of gray printed paper that I stapled the cream strip onto. I stamped the cream strip with an ink splatter stamp, then created the card saying with stamps and punches. I used the Tim Holtz Tiny attacher stapler to hold all the layers down--love that thing! And the gift card just slips underneath the cream paper.

No comments: