Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Layout Share: Happy 1st Birthday

“Happy First Birthday” 
Variation #1: For my title, I layered a pre-made sticker from the Happy Days kit onto a chipboard number covered with coordinating pattern paper. The sticker was adhered with foam squares. I love how the little flag that says “happy” on it worked so well to layer over the chipboard.

Variation #2: Instead of using the large heart accents on the first page, I used a 6x8 Photo Mat Element from the Happy Day collection. I grouped a calendar also cut from the Journaling card elements paper along with one of the swirl and cake stickers for my main accents. I wrapped red string around three areas on my layout for interest.
 

Variation #3: I varied the photo placement on my layout. Instead of using small 2x2 photos, I created a photo mat and used two larger photos above and below the mat.

Variation #4: Instead of using lots of vertical layers under the smaller photos, I cut a journaling card into two sections and used it at the top and bottom of my smaller photo strip for my journaling. I also cut some thinner pattern paper strips to fill in the gaps  on the side of these photos.

Supplies Used—Cardstock: Bazzill (green, red, brown); Pattern Paper: Simple Stories (Happy Day); Ink: Ranger (Walnut Ink Distress); Adhesives: Ranger (Inkssentials Matte Accents), Scrapbook Adhesives (Foam Squares); Tools: Basic Grey (Paper Files), WeR Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper); Other: EK Success (chipboard number), Crochet Thread (Red), American Crafts (Precision Pen-Black).

No comments: