Saturday, November 26, 2011

Card Share: There's No Doubt

"There’s No Doubt"

Variation #1: Instead of using a group of balloons on my card, I created a group of flowers from circle punches. The layers of the flowers are attached with foam squares for dimension and I added small pearls to the centers.
Variation #2: I was inspired by the curvy stitched lines for the balloon strings and I took that inspiration a step further to create a background. I used my sewing machine and some tan thread to sew some free-form swirl patterns on the card front. Then I sewed a double border around the card edges to pull everything together.
Other details: I added a punch shape to the front of the card with a stamped sentiment. The punched shape was cut into two pieces and I used the larger piece on the inside of the card to create my sentiment. I decorated the inside of the card along the top edge by adding a stripe of paper and the other stamped punch shape.

Supplies Used - Cardstock: DMD Inc (Kraft); Patterned Paper: Bo Bunny (Sophie); Tools: EK Success Punches(Circles- ½”, ¾”, 1”, 1 ¼”, 1 ½”, Real Estate), Tim Holtz (Tiny Attacher); Adhesives: Scrapbook Adhesives (Foam Squares); Ribbon: American Crafts; Stickers: Recollections (Adhesive Faux Pearls); Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Loving Words); Inks: Ranger Distress Inkpad (Walnut Stain), Ranger Distress Stain (Antique Linen); Pens: Zig Writer (Brown); Other: Sewing Machine and tan thread; sand paper.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Lots of beautiful detail on your card :)
I really like your flowers, so fun