Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Tuesday Challenge: Create a grid on your layout

It's Tuesday and time for another weekly DT challenge over at Memorable Seasons

This week was my turn...
Sometimes I just like to create a layout with lots of photos and one of the quickest ways to do that is to create a grid on your layout base, then add your page elements in the spaces of the grid.

Here's my layout:
I created a grid with the Tim Holtz Tissue Tape, to give some structure to my layout. The grid on this page reminds me of a present, so I added a red ribbon with a button center.
 The other areas that were left on my page were the bottom for my title and the top is where I added some tags with journaling and another photo I wanted to add, but since it was a little blurry, I decided to hide it in the pocket. To create the pocket, I simply added adhesive to the sides and bottom of the photo and the tags slid in nicely behind the photo. I did stamp some borders along the tops of the tags to customize them more.

My challenge for you this week is to create a grid on your layout--you can use pen lines, ribbon, paper, etc. Just use your imagination and see what you can come up with!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

What a sweet layout. I like that you added journal tags under the photos.

Unknown said...

this is a great layout! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog I look forward to working with the new Design Team at Memorable Seasons too!