Thursday, November 18, 2010

Sketch Share: The Place Where You Were Born

This month over at Memorable Seasons, we had another fabulous sketch by Liz Chidester.
And here's my layout based on this sketch:

I used the new Sassafras Lass paper line called Indie Girl because I loved the colors and patterns on the papers. Instead of putting my photos next to each other, I placed one on top of the other and left space in the center for my title.
I also used one of the banner stickers to create two smaller banners and added red gemstones to them. My title consists of some navy velvet alphabet stickers and some strips of white cardstock that I distressed with a light cream inkpad before writing the rest of my title by hand. The colored circle pattern started out as a plain blue printed circle and I used colored pencils to customize it for my layout so that the colors were brought into the title area.
My journaling was added on a spiral notebook page. I loved how this page had the same blues, but a subtle houndstooth pattern. To finish off the layout, I added some sponged navy ink around the edge of the page.

Supplies Used:
Sassafras Lass: Indie Girl collection
-Pocahontas and Me
-Free Spirit
-Indie Flag Banners
-Cardstock Stickers
Making Memories: Boho Chic Navy Velvet alpha stickers
Making Memories: Paperie Poolside spiral journaling page
The Paper Studio: Red gemstones
Colored Pencils: Red, green, yellow
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Antique Linen
CTMH Inkpad: Outdoor Denim
White Cardstock
Zig Black Pen
WRMK Corner Chomper
November Sketch by Liz Chidester

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is such a pretty layout.
I love how everything flows so nicely.