Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Layout Share: Still Thankful...

I can't believe it's already November! I thought I'd kick this month off with a layout I made about being thankful despite your circumstances. 
I created this layout with a challenge to scrapbook what you are thankful for and combined it with a challenge to use at least 2 punches on a layout.
For my title, I punched the ticket shapes out and used a stamp to accentuate the larger one, then added my sub-titles with a black pen. The main part of the title was added with some vinyl stickers directly onto an old photo negative. I added the negative to the layout with some foam tape. Here's another shot of the title section so you can see how everything is layered:
I added my journaling inside the library card pocket and journaled directly onto a library card. I carried the orange punched trim onto the pocket and added some ribbon to the top with a tiny stapler so it would be easy to pull the card out to read the journaling. I used a cut-out from the Mama-Razzi line to cover the library pocket so it fit in with the rest of the layout.
For the punches, I punched the tickets on the title area, the orange cardstock sections were punched with a decorative trim punch, and the top of this blue paper was punched too with a binding punch system. It reminded me of the edges of a photo negative, so I wanted to carry the theme through the layout as much as possible.



Supplies Used:

Bo Bunny Mama-Razzi Papers:
-Film, Dot, Aperture, Cut Outs
Library Card and Pocket
anger Distress Ink pad: Vintage Photo
AC Thickers: Vera Vinyl Alphabet
CTMH Stamp: Rectangle
Fiskars Border Punch: Upper Crest
Carla Craft Binding Punch
Martha Stewart Border Punch:Infinite Loops Trim
EK Success Punch: Photo Label
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Foam Tape, photo negative
Orange and white cardstock
Prima Flower





No comments: