Monday, February 8, 2010

The Wall That Heals--2 page layout

This was a layout I created for the Scrap Our Stash February Challenge...This month's challenge was to use 10 items on your project.  I created this layout for the challenge...it is about our visit to see the traveling Vietnam Veterans Wall.

 
Ok now here's the details... :)
I wanted to use 10 pictures for this challenge, but once I got going on the layout, I liked it with 12 pictures better, so I came up with a new "10" idea.  I used 10 groupings of stars...these were layers of large gold sequins, paper punched stars (red and blue), small silver star sequins and 10 black brads in the centers. The stars were all adhered with foam squares for dimension.
I also used my Fiskars Apron Lace border punch and some red card stock cut to 1/2" wide to create the punched border. I love how skinny this little border turned out and I used one of the scallops as the end near the rounded photos, and cut off the excess border where the two pages meet. For this 2 page layout, I used 4 of these borders.
My title was created with some black chipboard alphabets that I glued directly onto another piece of the same red pattern paper I used to punch some of the stars. I added a star accent here too.
Here's a picture of the star accents where you can see how shiny the sequins are. For the part of the layout where I took a close-up photo of the wall, I used vellum to cover the names, then cut out a window to highlight the main name and glued a chipboard nameplate on top. You can see some of the nameplate here in this photo on the bottom left corner.
Supplies used:
White and red card stock: Hobby Lobby
Pattern Paper: Basic Grey (Boxer 6x6 pad)
Silver and Gold sequin stars: Tree House Studio
Star Punch: Creative Works
Border Punch: Fiskars (Apron Lace)
Corner Rounder: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Vellum: Close To My Heart
Chipboard Alphabet, Chipboard Nameplate and Black Brads: Heidi Swapp

Looking forward to creating some more projects with the theme "10". What a great way to use up some embellishments I've had for a while now.

No comments: