Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Proud--Layout share

Here is my first layout I wanted to share from the Memorable Seasons February design team kit. A list of supplies used with online links is at the end of this post.

I started with this paper from Graphic 45 and cut out the inside of the paper along the printed text columns to make a frame for my layout. I did leave the print on the left side since it had some work references. I used my Fiskars paper trimmer to cut this out.

I cut off the cream border along the outside of the frame so that the paper was slightly smaller than the blue card stock I was using for the background. This allowed the blue edge to show around the outside of the layout. I used scissors to cut this edge off and I just followed the printed lines on the frame.
Then I just assembled my layout pieces. I used my fingernail to scuff up the edges of the pattern papers to give them a worn look. Then I stamped the stitches lines along the bottom pattern pieces with some dark brown ink.
 The green border under the photo has some glossy accents on the printed buttons and I also added some cream thread with the glossy accents to make them look like real buttons. My title was created with the glittered Thickers chipboard alphabet. The green checkerboard pattern was created with a stamp and green ink.
For the tag accents, I just punched out some of the coordinating die cuts and attached them to the layout with foam tape to give them a more 3-D look. They have Pewter brads in the tag holes.  I also added one of the Prima flowers here too.
The journaling focused on my husband's work and I added the words to the right of the photo on a Jenni Bowlin circle. The circle was actually an orange polka dot color, and I added some light distress ink to the whole circle to cover the print some and then added a darker distress ink to the edges so that it would coordinate with the layout more. I did cut the tag in half and wrote my journaling with a black marker. The date of the photo was added with a label sticker from 7gypsies.
I did add some color to the frame of the layout with markers...the inside line is colored with a brown marker and the other line is colored with a deep red color.
Supplies used for this layout:
Graphic 45 pattern papers and die cut tags: The Sophisticate, Dashing and Debonair, Die Cut Borders, Die Cut Tags.
Jenni Bowlin Circles
American Crafts Thickers chipboard alphabet (Niki Riki)
Prima flower
Prima Checkers stamp
Blue cardstock
7 gypsies brown label sticker
Making Memories Pewter Brads
Technique Tuesday stitches stamp
Ranger Distress Inkpads: Walnut stain, Antique Linen, Peeled Paint
Ranger Glossy Accents
Zig Markers: Black, Brown, Burgundy
Foam tape and cream thread

Stay tuned for another layout from this same kit tomorrow... :)

No comments: