Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Proper Gentleman--layout share

Here is my 2nd layout I created with the products I received from Memorable Seasons. Again, these use the Graphic 45 papers and a few other goodies from the Memorable seasons store. A complete list of supplies used is at the end of this post.

I used the border die cut paper for this layout and it came together really quickly!  The die cut borders were double-sided, so I had lots of options. I chose the "A Proper Gentleman" border strip for my title and three other strips all had buttons printed on the papers, so I used those.
 
To make the buttons stand out more, I decided to apply Glossy Accents to them. This gives them a slightly raised appearance and gives them a glossy look too. It is easy to apply and you just squeeze it on, then let it dry.
When the glue dried, I used a paper piercer to poke holes through the paper and then I threaded cream embroidery string through the holes. To make this easy, I used a floss threader made by Butler Gum. You can find these in the dental section of stores and they are like a great big plastic needle with a large eye to thread through things easily. The end is easily flexible, but stiff enough to thread through holes with ease. I use these with thicker threads like embroidery floss and crochet cotton thread.









The next thing I did was wrap some of the same thread around a couple of the border strips, then I tied the thread in a knot. The edges of the border strips were cut with a corner rounder to soften the layout. I also did the same thing with the photos and their cream photo mats. The borders were attached to my layout with foam dots.

For my journaling, I used a Jenni Bowlin journaling circle and sanded the edges so that the circle would pop off the dark brown card stock base. In this picture, you can see how the edge is sanded on the top and left, revealing the white core and the right side after the star has not been sanded yet.


Here's a picture of what it looked like when I finished sanding. I really like how the black color pops with that slight white edge. This also makes it stand out more on my dark background. I hand-wrote my journaling and added it to the layout to complete it.













Supplies used on this layout:
Ranger Glossy Accents
Paper Piercer
WeR Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Brown and Cream card stock
Foam tape and Cream Thread
Zig Black Marker
Sandpaper

No comments: