Thursday, February 25, 2010

Time Well Spent--Layout share

This was the third layout I created for Memorable Seasons this month. It is a two-page layout that uses 11 photos, all printed at 3x4".
To begin this layout, I cut around the straight red border frame on the top and right sides of this paper with my Fiskars paper trimmer and then hand cut around the clocks on the bottom and left.

This frame was then attached to my layout with foam tape so that it pops off the dark brown background slightly. My photos were sanded along the edges and then adhered directly to the background. I used a border punch to add some paper to each side of the layout so the two pages of the layout would coordinate with the same patterns.
On the 2nd page, I used some of the die cut tags and shapes that had the same clock theme. For these little clocks, I backed them with larger circles punched from the same clock paper. I added distress stickles to the larger punched circles to give them a little pop. The little clocks are attached with foam tape.



I added some Distress Stickles to the clocks printed on the left side frame along with the other tags I used on the layout.
For the 2nd page of the layout, I used a dark brown ruler border strip from this paper, then backed it with a hounds tooth border from the same die cut paper (colored with inkpads and foam blenders). The red border around this entire layer is from this paper. I cut the red borders off each side of the layout, then layered them underneath to create a frame. The vertical tags were punched from the die cut tag sheet and I used Pewter brads in the holes, then attached them to the layout with foam tape. These tags rest on three small pieces of velvet ribbon that are pieced together to look like one long strip of ribbon going down the left side of the layout. This is a great way to conserve on fancier ribbon. :)
The journaling for this layout was included on a circle tag that I slightly altered to coordinate with the layout.
The tag was originally a dark navy blue, and I inked the edges with a burnt sienna chalk ink, then sanded the edges to soften the color and help the tag pop off the page visually. The chalk ink helped to mask the navy color and it blended well with the brown and black colors in the layout.

Supplies used on this layout:
Graphic 45 papers: Timely Point of View, Man About Town, On the Boulevard, Tags, Die Cut Borders
Jenni Bowlin Circle Labels
Ranger Distress Stickles: Tea Dye
Ranger Distress Inkpads: Fired Brick, Brushed Corduroy
ColorBox Fluid Chalk Ink: Burnt Sienna
EK Success 3/4" circle punch
Fiskars Border Punch: Apron Lace
Making Memories Brads: Pewter
Basic Grey Velvet Ribbon
Brown cardstock
Zig Black Marker
Foam Squares and Sandpaper

No comments: