Thursday, April 14, 2011

Layout Share: A Taste of History

This layout was created with the January kit that members could purchase from Memorable Seasons. This month's kit was called "Petals and Polka Dots" and had so many pretty papers and embellishments.
 To create this layout, I covered the brown pattern paper background with the paint dauber to soften the colors. Then I used strips of the lace paper from the kit and cut them out along the edges, following the pretty lace pattern. Circles were punched from several pattern papers to anchor my embellishments and title. I added some of the beautiful crochet flowers made by Julie, some of the pink velvet ric rac ribbon and the buttons for my embellishment clusters.
The title was created with green alpha stickers, and I added some clear glitter glue (stickles) on top. I also added dots of glitter glue in between the green seed beads I stitched to the bottom border of my page.

Supplies Used:
Memorable Seasons January Kit: Petals and Polka Dots
(Pink Paislee Sweetness Papers, crochet flowers, EK Success Alphabet letters, May Arts Pink Velvet Ribbon)
Making Memories Paper Flowers and Buttons
EK Success Circle Punch
Green Seed Beads: Craft Stash, unknown
Ranger Stickles: Diamond
Ranger Paint Dauber
Zig Black Marker
White Crochet Thread

All products, including the January kit were purchased by me personally.

No comments: