Monday, May 24, 2010

Travel layouts part 3...

 I loved this paper (Travel Book) so much that I had to use both sides...I couldn't bear to cut it up. And then I quickly ordered a few more sheets of it so I could cut it up and use it on another layout. :)
And when I was creating this layout, I realized the back side was still untouched, so I created another layout on the other side. It will just slide in a blank page protector and you'll be able to see both sides beautifully. 
I'll share that one below this layout...
For this layout, I colored in the frame on the left side of this paper with markers and added the tag in the center as a title with foam tape.
I cut the top off the tag to make it more of a rectangle and trimmed the top corners with scissors 
to match the bottom ones.
Next, I sponged around the outside edge of the layout with black ink and added some red cardstock accents with a scallop border punch...can I say that I have a new favorite border now?? :)
 And I will add my journaling on top of this polka dot label sticker. The rest of this layout was already pre-printed on the paper background...LOVE that! :)
 
Supplies Used:
Teresa Collins Travel Ledger Collection:
*-Travel Book
*-Travel Tags
*-File Folders
*Jenni Bowlin Label stickers
Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment border punch
Red Cardstock
Zig red marker, Copic W1 marker
3L Photo corners
Black inkpad and sponge, foam tape
*= products I received from Memorable Seasons as Design team member. 
Remaining products used were purchased for my own personal use.
***********************************************************
 Now for the other side of this layout page base...
This page was pretty quick to put together also. I used the printed paper as the base, then added a couple strips of paper along the left side. The black pattern was a border that came from another coordinating paper and I just added the red scallop border with my punch. I also sponged the edges of the layout.
The cool thing about this layout was being able to include so many of the extra photos my husband took while on his trip. I used a program called Photo Sheet to that lets you collage several photos onto one print (in a HUGE combination of sizes). I chose to print my photos all at 2x2 size onto one 4x6 photo paper sheet. The program saves them as a JPEG image, then you can print them out at home or send them off to your favorite photo store. You can use them as is, or use them cut apart, like I did on this layout.
For my journaling, I used a pocket from the same travel line (red circles) and inked the edges with black ink. I also stamped a single row of scroll images to give it a custom look, and added a punched border with red cardstock. The tag inside was also from the same collection and I just stapled on some ribbon and sponged the edges. For the main focal point on the tag, I used a circle label sticker and added a chipboard letter. The whole tag pocket sits on a piece of the postcard paper (cut from the back side) and it was the same piece of paper that included the border I used on the left of the layout.
Supplies used:
Teresa Collins Travel Ledger Collection:
*-Travel Book
*-Library Envelopes
*-Travel Postcard 
* -Travel Tags
*AC Thickers: Apartment Chipboard (cherry)
Jenni Bowlin stickers
American Crafts ribbon
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment Border punch
Technique Tuesday stamp (Irony)--scroll border stamped on pocket
3L photo corners, sponge
Black inkpad


*= products I received from Memorable Seasons as Design team member. 
Remaining products used were purchased for my own personal use.

No comments: