Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Hummingbird and Hibiscus card

I've been so into stamping and cutting out images lately and these cards are no exception!


I began by stamping the flower and bird image stamp onto ivory cardstock with black ink and coloring them with my copic markers. I find it so relaxing to just sit and color my images. I love the vibrant colors I get with my copic markers and I love how they blend together so well. 

Once the images were colored, I cut them out and added some rock candy stickles to the flower center and some glitter to the bird and swirls. The ivory cardstock frame was die cut with my Nestabilities dies, then I inked the edges and stamped the image with 2nd generation brown ink. I glued the cut out flower and bird images to the ivory frame on top of the brown stamped image.

The base of the card was also white cardstock that I ran through my cuttlebug with an embossing folder, then I inked the embossed image with turquoise, brown and black inkpads. I trimmed around the edge of the embossed design and mounted it on black cardstock. The ivory panel with the stamped images was mounted on top of the card base with foam tape. I used both sentiment stamps for some variety.

Supplies Used:
Texana Designs Stamps: 80815 Hummingbird/Hibiscus, TD059 Caring Thoughts, TD060 Thinking of You
Tsukineko: Memento Inkpad (Tuxedo Black)
Ranger: Distress Inkpads (Brushed Corduroy, Black Soot, Tumbled Glass, Scattered Straw); Foam Blending Tool; Distress Stickles (Rock Candy)
Nestabilities: Labels 8 Die Frame
QuicKutz: Geometric Circles Embossing Folder
Sakura: Gelly Roll Clear Glitter Pen
Martha Stewart: Glue Writing Pen
Copic Markers: Y15, Y17, Y21, R22, R24, R29, R39, BG10, BG15, B02, E31, E33, E37
Wausau: Ivory Cardstock
EK Success: Maple Lane (Black Cardstock)
WRMK: Corner Chomper 
Foam Tape
 

1 comment:

Karen Lambert said...

Megan You always do beautiful work. I love how you think outside the box and make amazingly creative items.