Monday, July 16, 2012

Cactus Frame Card

This was my very first card I created for Texana Designs as a member of their design team. It has been a busy summer and I am just now getting some of my projects posted. :)

I stamped the main cactus frame onto white cardstock and colored it with my copic markers. Once it was dry, I cut around the edges and distressed the edges with brown and black inkpads and my foam ink blending tool.

To create a sentiment for my card, I used 2nd generation stamping on part of the barbed wire image from the cactus frame stamp to give a "line" for my text to follow. I stamped the word "Texas" in black ink and wrote the word "my" in front of it. Then I trimmed the white cardstock down into a banner shape, inked the edges, and mounted it with foam tape onto some ribbon loops.
The frame image was mounted on a houndstooth print, then onto kraft cardstock. Love the rustic feel to this card with the pop of bright green!

Supplies Used:
Texana Designs Stamps: Cactus Frame, “Texas” from “Texas is a State of Mind"
Handwritten word: “my”
Ranger Distress Inkpads: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain
Black Inkpad: Marvy Matchables
White Cardstock: Georgia Pacific
Kraft Cardstock: DMD Inc
Brown Houndstooth Paper: Making Memories
EK Success: Black Zig Writer
Copic Markers: YG03, YG63, YG67, Y11, Y15,Y17, R29, E33, E37, W3, W5.
Ribbon: Bazzill Basics
Foam Tape

No comments: