Monday, October 18, 2010

Layout Share: Clemson Homecoming

I was excited to be able to use this Happy Halloween Kit for a few things other than the obvious Halloween theme. The backsides of these papers all had great tone-on-tone prints or versatile multi-colored patterns and were very easy to use.
I had been saving this ticket from the Clemson Homecoming game for a while now and came across the pictures to put with it. The colors in this kit worked perfectly for these photos. I did photocopy the back of the ticket onto white cardstock so I could put it on the layout too. The ticket was mounted directly to the page with foam squares.
 To create the title of my layout, I used larger black rub-ons for the word "Clemson". To create the word "Homecoming", I altered one of the Halloween themed stickers. This is what it looked like before:
 I used the orange set of alphabet stickers that came with the kit and stuck them down on some scrap white cardstock to create word "homecoming". Then I cut that strip of paper out and adhered it over the word "trick-or-treat" with foam squares.
This gave me a great 3-D look to my title and mimicked the 3-D look of the ticket at the top of the page.
In the picture above, you can also see that I punched the edge of the purple paper with a scallop border punch for extra interest. Then I added my journaling to the page along the top and also at the bottom under my title.


* Products received as Design Team Member. All other products used were from my personal stash.

No comments: