Friday, September 24, 2010

Card share...Birthday theme

I made this card with my mom in mind...

 She has sewn for years and I wanted to use this chipboard mannequin as the main accent. I left the chipboard plain and just tied a green ribbon around it.
To create the negative strip behind the chipboard, I used a negative image stamp and covered up the images in the center of each rectangle with pattern papers. This look was inspired based on this pattern paper line from Jillibean Soup, called Pasta Fagioli (Blended Beans).

I also used some label stickers and a micro alphabet to add my greeting to the card. The letters were already green, and I just added some green stickles to them for a little more pop. The background of the card was stamped with a word background, and I also stamped the word "special" onto one of the labels. A border punch was used along the bottom edge of my card and I layered a piece of green pattern paper behind it.




Supplies Used:
Pink Paislee: 365 degrees 6x6 paper pad
Maya Road Mini Chipboard Set: Sew Cute
Basic Grey Micro Mono Stickers: Olivia
Jenni Bowlin: Black/Red Dotted Label Stickers
Autumn Leaves Stamp: Special
Ranger Stickles: Lime Green
Hero Arts Cling Stamp: Friendship words
Fiskars Border Punch: Scalloped Sentiment
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Brushed Corduroy
Inkadinkado: Negative strip stamp
Making Memories: Green ribbon
Black Pen


No comments: