Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Travel Ledger Layout... May Sketch

For the month of May, Jill from Memorable Seasons sent the DT some AWESOME papers from the new Teresa Collins Travel Ledger line. I love that the colors are mainly black, red and cream with a few sheets having some blue added. Very versatile prints and I love the vintagey look of them! They have awesome texture to the papers too, which doesn't show well in the photos, but they were heavenly to work with.

I'm going to share the different layouts over the next few days, so get in the traveling mood! :)

This first layout is from a sketch Cheri ONeill created for Memorable Seasons. Cheri and more of her sketches can be found over at Let's Scrap (click the name for a link). Here's a photo of the sketch:

Here's the layout I created based off Cheri's great sketch:

and larger photos of each page...
Here's the details...
I know these are the latest "craze" in scrapbooking, but I haven't created a banner yet until now. I LOVE how easy it was to make and I love how it looks on the layout...I will definitely be making more in the future. :)

To create the banner tags,I used my Tim Holtz "Going Somewhere" stamp set that I purchased previously from MS. Various images from that set were stamped onto white cardstock with black ink. Once the images were stamped (some several times in a row) then I punched out the tag shapes and I aged them with my Antique Linen inkpad and a foam sponge. This tinted each tag cream and I also used a sponge and black inkpad to edge the tags. I used some red ribbon and my tiny attacher stapler to add the tags to my banner. The tags themselves are mounted with foam tape so they pop off my page and I also added the chipboard letters on top. I also added small tags throughout the layout. I followed the same steps for the banner tags, except I added some yellow ink to them using a sponge. They also are embellished with small gemstones.
To follow the sketch on the left hand page, I combined several photos into one larger photo and I used a piece of paper I cut into an oval shape and individual gems to create an oval around my largest photo. I like how the oval still mimics the oval in the sketch, but it is subtle and it focuses on my main photo.
For my journaling, I added a tag from the same travel line that had a great quote on it. And I mimicked the same ribbon technique I used for the banner along with adding some more red gemstones. I did hand-write a few details and I included them throughout the layout using the small black label stickers (see photo above).

Tim Holtz (Stampers Anonymous) "Going Somewhere" stamps
Red gemstones- The Paper Studio
Black Photo Corners-3L Scrapbook Adhesives
Red Ribbon-unknown
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
EK Success Photo Labels punch
Ranger Distress Inks: Scattered Straw, Antique Linen, Black Soot
Sponge, Foam Tape
Sketch by Cheri O'Neill 
*= products I received from Memorable Seasons as part of the Design team. 
The rest of the items used were purchased for my own personal use.

1 comment:

Tracy said...

This is so pretty.
I love that your banner isn't triangles.