Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Flower Market layout share

This is the last layout I created so far from the Travel Ledger papers for Memorable Seasons and I think it's my favorite one! And it used one of my favorite papers from this line..the Travel Book!
 The Travel book paper had two 6x12 sections on the front side and I cut out one and used it on the left side of my layout. All of the elements on this side were already printed on the paper. I just added some color. For the frame, I colored in some areas with a red colored pencil, and then used a Copic marker (W1) to color in the rest of the frame. The whole frame was coated with Matte Accents, and this gives a duller but raised look to the areas similar to an embossed effect. I stamped the word "flower" in the center of the frame and added some red color pencils to the outlines of the letters and then coated the circles in Glossy Accents, which dries clear and shiny. This gives my title a dimensional feel with little effort. I used a pencil to write the word "market" underneath, then traced it in black pen.
I also utilized the printed border on the side of the 6x12 page. The only thing I added to it was the scalloped edge and that was the other base paper I used on my layout (the tan colored pattern).
This photo shows the last part I used on the layout from the cream book paper. All I did for this section was to outline it with the red colored pencil and add my journaling in the box.
This other half of the layout was really fun to make! I stamped the faded circles stamp in red ink along the top and bottom of the tan pattern paper base, lining them up with my Stamp-a-ma-jig. I love the custom look this gave to my layout and the tan base was perfect in warming up the colors as well as being a good contrast to the cream I used on the layout.
Here's the last detail shot for this layout. You can see how I added the lace and black ribbon to the layout and I was able to then stick the Memo pin on the layout under the bow. I cut a saying from the coordinating travel tags sheet that said "sights" and I love the look it gave to the layout. Looks like a market tag. This photo also shows how I circled the number 2008 already printed on the cream paper and how I added the buttons.

Supplies Used:
Teresa Collins Travel Ledger collection:
*-Travel Book
*-Travel Tags
*Jenni Bowlin Red buttons
*Tim Holtz Memo pins
*May Art Ribbon and Lace
Tim Holtz (SA) Psychadelic Grunge stamps (faded dots)
Fiskars Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch
Red Colored Pencil, W1 Copic marker
Ranger Glossy Accents and Matte Accents
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Fired Brick
EK Success Black Zig Marker
EK Success Typewriter alpha Stamps
Cream embroidery thread
*= products I received from Memorable Seasons as Design team member. 
Remaining products used were purchased for my own personal use.

No comments: