Monday, April 5, 2010

Layouts to share...

I've really had fun working with the BoBunny Sophie line of products from Memorable Seasons. You can find all the products I used in their online store here.

This layout was created for a sketch from Cheri O'Neill over at Let's Scrap...see the link to the exclusive sketch here.
I used some pink ink to tint the chipboard alphabet letters, then I coated them with Glossy Accents to seal them.
Instead of using a second photo, I used three of the cardstock stickers and created a grid of accents and included my journaling in the blank space. I added glossy accents or stickles to the centers of the flower stickers. In this photo, you can also see how I cut the dark pink paper to look like a ribbon to fit the sketch. Then I placed my title letters on top of the dark pink paper.

I added a tab in place of the journaling area shown in the original sketch.The scallop border was created with the small corner rounder punch from EK Success after taking off the removable corner guide.
To finish this layout off, I added stickles glitter to the center of the tiny flowers printed on the pattern paper. You can also see some of the black zig zag machine stitching that I included around the main sections of the layout.

Supplies I used for this layout:
Bo Bunny Sophie Paper Collection (Tickled Pink, Rae, Mulberry Double Dot, Sophie)
Bo Bunny Cardstock Stickers: Pretty Sisters
American Crafts Thickers (Coral Criss Cross)
Ranger Glossy Accents, Spun Sugar Distress Ink pad, Cotton Candy Stickles
EK Success Small Corner Rounder Punch
McGill File Tab Punch
Date Stamp and Memento Black Ink pad
Black Thread and Sewing Machine (zig zag stitch)

********************************************************************
For my next layout, I did another two-pager. :) I have been keeping a bunch of letters and notes my daughter has written me over the years and I wanted to use them all on one layout. This one is called "Love Notes".
I found some pictures of the two of us together giving each other kisses and thought these would be perfect for this layout.
 I love how the coordinating cardstock stickers worked with this layout. I used the you&me sticker near the photos and the butterfly sticker on the other page. The only things I did to accent the stickers were to add a white pearl I colored with a brown sharpie marker. The stickers themselves are attached to the layout with foam tape and I adhered them to the centers of some flowers.
 
This photo shows a lot of the little details in this layout. The yellow flowers were all white paper flowers that I colored yellow with the Wild Honey Distress ink pad and a makeup sponge. The brads (glittery and epoxy style) were all from the coordinating BoBunny iCandy embellishment set. The title of the layout was created with chipboard alphabet stickers (Thickers). The cardstock sticker used on the large flower was accented with the brown colored pearls and I backed the sticker with a punched circle (distressed with sandpaper) and some coordinating dark pink polka dot paper strips.
I also used the glittered brads and epoxy brads in groups of three around the layout.This photo shows the scallop punched borders I used on the layout. These were embellished with some pink velvet ribbon and I made sure the ribbon was secured with the Tiny Attacher (mini staples) from Tim Holtz. This section is the only area where I added my own journaling. All the other areas include the notes from my daughter:

Supplies I used on this layout:
Bo Bunny Sophie line of papers (Dot, Bouquet)
Bo Bunny Cardstock Stickers: Friends to the End
Bo Bunny iCandy Brads
American Crafts Thickers (Coral Criss Cross) 
Imaginisce and Bazzill Basics White Paper Flowers
Ranger Wild Honey Distress Ink pad and makeup sponge
The Paper Studio Pearls (white) and Brown Sharpie Marker
Making Memories Pink Velvet Ribbon
Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch
The Paper Studio 1 7/8" Circle Punch
Purple and Kraft Cardstock
Foam Tape, Sandpaper
Black Pen

No comments: