Friday, April 20, 2012

Project Share: Pinwheel Present

The theme this week over at Sketch Support is Pinwheels. 
This Add-On Sketch #16 by Allison Davis was the starting point for my project:
Pinwheels remind me of spring, so I decided to use spring colors and create a pinwheel to decorate a present.
I created the pinwheel by cutting two white pieces of cardstock to size (3 1/4  x 3 1/4" and 5 x 5"). I used my Martha Stewart border and corner punches to punch around the edges of the white paper. Then I cut from the corners towards the center of the square and formed my pinwheel shape from there. The biggest pinwheel layer was colored blue with a spray mist, and the smaller top layer was colored with a pink inkpad and a sponge. They are held together in the middle with a large decorative brad. All I had to add was a ribbon and a white box and I had a quick and unique way to wrap up a spring gift!

Supplies Used:
 Cardstock: Georgia Pacific (White)
Inks: Ranger (Distress Inkpad: Tattered Rose), Tattered Angels (Glimmer Mist: Turquoise Blue) Embellishments: Bo Bunny (Brad: Olivia), Michaels (Ribbon: Textured Trios) 
Tools: Martha Stewart (Corner & Border Punch: Double Loop)

No comments: