Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Layout Share: I Love the Way You Love Me

It's One-page Sketch week over at Sketch Support and this was the sketch we worked with:

This is the layout I created based off this great sketch:

Variation #1: I varied the size of my photos from what was listed in the sketch. I used one 4x6” photo, and trimmed my other photos down to various sizes. Each of the photos has the date stamped on it with StazOn ink. The photos span several years of our marriage.

Variation #2: I used similar papers as shown in the sketch, but added some plain vellum over the main pattern to tone it down a bit. I also punched a scallop border on some of the papers to soften the edges.


Variation #3: I added several punched and die cut shapes for accents. The small hearts were punched, and the kissing couple was die cut with my Silhouette machine. I also stamped some sayings to include around the layout.
 
 Variation #4: I added my journaling on the title card. The title was fully die cut from my Silhouette and the words “the way” were handwritten on cardstock.



Supplies Used - Cardstock: Maple Press (Black), Georgia Pacific (White), Close To My Heart (Plain Vellum); Patterned Paper: Crate Paper (Portrait Collection: Honeymoon, Traditions, Something Blue, Vintage Lace); Inks: Marvy Uchida (Black), Ranger (Distress Inkpad: Antique Linen), Tsukineko (StazOn: Black); Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Love Ali, Simply You), Office Date Stamp; Tools: Ranger (Foam Blending Tool), EK Success (Small Heart Punch), Fiskars (Scalloped Sentiment Border Punch), WeR Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper: ¼”); Markers: EK Success (Zig Writer: Black); Embellishments: Making Memories (Silver Brads); Other: Silhouette Cameo, Die Cut Shapes: (Kara Dudley: Handwritings Love, Loni Stevens: Love 4x6 Life Card, Rivka Wilkins: Kissing Couple, Times New Roman font).

1 comment:

Lynette Jacobs said...

This layout is amazing. Love the color and those silhouettes are so cool.