Thursday, December 1, 2011

Layout Share: My Boy and His Furry Friend

“My Boy and his Furry Friend”


Variation #1: I substituted a photo in place of the journaling section on the layout; I just rearranged the layout to add my journaling in place of the left photo. I used two 4 x 5 ¼” photos and one 2 ½ x 4” photo.

Variation #2: Instead of using a long title, I used a pre-printed title card that said “My Boy” and I stamped the words “Furry” and “Friend”. The other words were handwritten.

Variation #3: I omitted the small journaling strips from the sketch and just added a date sticker on the lower right corner.

Variation #4: For the leaf accents that were included on the sketch, I substituted some homemade legos and stamped pawprints to go with my page theme. I created some hand stitched swirls to pull them all together. I also added some stitching along one of the thin strips below my photos. Along the other strip of paper, I added some stamped word borders.

Other tips: I sprayed the blue cardstock with some cream spray ink.

Supplies Used—Cardstock: ANW Crestwood (Deep Sea), Close To My Heart (White);  Pattern Paper: My Mind’s Eye (Life Stories: Blue Plaid, “Be Merry” Polka Dot/Cream), Memories in the Making (Window Check Navy); Inks: Ranger Distress (Gathered Twig), Ranger Distress Stain (Antique Linen), October Afternoon Color Mist (Buttermilk), Marvy Uchida (Black Marvy Matchables); Stamps: Technique Tuesday (Borderline: Family Ties), Stampabilities (Pawprint), EK Success (Antique Typewriter Alphas, “Friend” word stamp); Stickers: 7 Gypsies (Date Mini Label: Black), My Mind’s Eye (“Hattie” Boy Title), Deja Views (Family Journal Card); Pens: EK Success (Zig Black Writer); Tools: WeR Memory Keepers (Corner Chomper), Ranger (Foam Blending Tool), Making Memories (Paper Piercer); Other: Office Hole Punch, Sandpaper, Brown Crochet Thread, Foam Squares.

No comments: