Thursday, March 3, 2011

Layout Share: You Two Make Me Smile

This is the last layout I created with this kit from Memorable Seasons.
I had this larger photo of my kids sitting in a basket on my desk and the colors worked perfectly with these papers! I began by stamping several elements on this layout. The title was a stamp that originally said "you make me smile" and I stamped the word "two" beside it, then cut it out and edged it with a black marker to help it stand out more on my layout. The tickets underneath the title were also stamps that I colored with colored pencils, then layered onto the wooden star.
This photo show the AWESOME crochet elements created by Julie. These were circles and I added larger brads to the centers to attach them to my layout. You can also see some of the silver spritz well in this photo.
The wooden stars were colored using the silver spritz that I sprayed on a plastic sheet. I colored the stars by dipping a q-tip in the spray, then adding it to the star to build up the color. I love how it looks like the star was stained, but still has a slight shimmer.
I loved the silver spray mist and I used it all over this layout by spraying it on the background. The embossed areas on the paper resisted the spray, giving them a cool look.
I added small pieces of the orange ribbon on the side of the photo to help border it. These ribbon pieces were layered on top of the blue pattern paper to help them stand out more. I stamped the tickets on white cardstock, colored them with colored pencils and cut them into pieces to use tucked under page elements. This ticket is the other half to the ticket that had the date written on it.
For my journaling, I added a blue area of pattern paper under the banner sticker, then followed the banner outline to write my journaling. I love the look of this...doesn't detract from the design of the layout.

Supplies Used:
* Imaginisce: Animal Crackers Collection
* -Come One! Come All! Embossed paper
* -Hot Buttered Popcorn
* -Under the Big Top Embossed Paper
* Imaginisce Embossed Border Stickers: Animal Crackers
* Imaginisce Snag 'Em Stamps: Animal Crackers: Ticket
* Bo Bunny Double Dot Ribbon: Orange Citrus
* Studio Calico Wood Veneer: Stars
* Sweets by Memorable Seasons: Crochet Circles
Bazzill Brads: Silver
Smooch Spritz: Silver Foil
Technique Tuesday Stamp (Ali Edwards): You make me Smile
EK Success Image Tree Stamps: Antique Typewriter Alpha
Ranger Distress Inkpad: Barn Door
Zig Black Marker
White Cardstock
Colored Pencils

* Products received as Design Team member. All other products used were purchased personally by me.

No comments: