Friday, July 30, 2010

Layout Share: We are Family

This is another layout created with the supplies I received for the Memorable Seasons DT.

For my title, I used the mini alphabets and placed them onto small rectangles that I distressed with my fingernail and inked to add depth. I also applied some glossy accents to the letter stickers to help them stand out a bit more.  The word "family" was created with the monogram stickers that I outlined with a black pen. The colors on these monogram stickers were a bit flat, so I used similarly colored ink pads to add some dimension to the edges with a sponge.

I hand cut the green and red border pattern from one of the pattern papers. This added some pop of color without being too overwhelming and I really loved the texture the pattern added to my page.

For my journaling section, I stamped the scallop rectangle image onto the same pattern paper I used for my mini alphabet letters in my title. I cut around the stamped image and inked the edges then glued it to my page.

This was one of my favorite parts to create on the whole layout! I wanted to mimic the same swirled and floral pattern that was on the red background paper, so I stamped some swirl images with clear ink onto the kraft card stock. Then I hand cut one of the butterflies from a scrap of the red paper, and added some glossy accents to the butterfly body which was then mounted with foam squares. 

For the flowers, the red color matched perfectly, but the pink flowers were actually white ones that I colored with a pink ink pad. All of the layers for these flowers were sprayed with Glimmer Mist. To create the flowers, I used 4-5 of the mini Prima flowers. Each layer of flower has liquid glue in the center, and you just scrunch up the flower starting with the center and adding the layers as you go. This is a great way to use up all those little tiny flowers that were sold in jars by the hundreds! :)
For the leaves, I used a flower punch and punched one flower from the green card stock, then cut it into thirds with two petals still connected on each section. This gave me three sets of leaves. Quick and easy!
 On the red pattern paper, I wanted to accent the butterflies and the printed roses, so I added some glossy accents to the butterfly bodies and used a paintbrush to add some glimmer mist to the printed flowers. Very subtle but I love these details!
Fired Brick, Peeled Paint, Wild Honey
Prima mini flowers (red and white--inked to create pink)
EK Success Flower Punch (cut green cardstock, then trimmed to create leaves)
Kraft Cardstock
Ranger Glossy Accents
Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (Pearl)
Black Pen

* Product I received with the Memorable Seasons DT kit.
All other products were from my personal stash.

1 comment:

Betty Anne said...

Gorgeous layout, I love all the flowers and the way you did you title. Never thought of using glossy accents on my title, will have to give it a try. Thanks so much for the link to the flower tut.