Thursday, June 17, 2010

Let's Scrap Sketch... My Girl

Here is this month's sketch for Memorable Seasons by Cheri O'Neill over at Let's Scrap:

For my layout, I used one large photo in the center and two smaller photos on each side, as well as one more small one next to my title. I placed a flower where the title is on this sketch and added my title where the journaling was drawn.  Instead of using tags at the top, I added two more flowers. I hand wrote my journaling along the bottom of the layout.  I really like how I was able to use this sketch to work with my photos and the layout came together really quickly.
To create the title, I used some pink alphabet stickers and sanded them down a bit, then added some red and brown ink to them with a foam blender tool. Then I stamped some ledger prints on the top with brown ink. I love how they turned out.
I also stamped the flowers to customize them for my layout. The flower base was a white diecut flower shape, and I added some blue chalk ink to the edges, the same ledger images stamped in brown ink, then I rubbed cream ink all over the flower, and brown ink around the edges with the blender tool. I layered the turquoise flowers with some red buttons to finish off the smaller flowers, and for the larger flower, I took a premade brown flower and ripped off the yellow center and added the red button.
My journaling was handwritten along the bottom of the layout. The bottom scalloped edge was hand-cut from a striped paper. Then the whole diecut background paper was layered onto a light blue cardstock to complete the layout.

Supplies Used:
Bo Bunny Diecut Paper: Persuasion Forever
Cosmo Cricket Material Girl papers (Borders, In Stitches)
* 7 Gypsies Mini Labels
Prima Turquoise flowers 
*Prima Brown flower (pulled off yellow center) similar flowers found here
DCWV White paper flower diecuts
ColorBox Chalk ink: Prussian Blue
Ranger distress ink: Antique Linen, Walnut Stain, Fired Brick
Ranger Foam Blending tool
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz stamps (Going Somewhere)
Pink Paislee alpha stickers: Fascinating
Autumn Leaves Red buttons and white thread
* These products were received as part of the Memorable Seasons Design Team. 
All other products were puchased by me previously.

1 comment:

Laurie Marmon said...

I really like this layout. I like the frame around it to keep it all contained. Nice job and thanks for sharing.