Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Scrapbook Throwdown Challenge-- "Where's the Beef"

I am hosting the bonus challenge this week over at Memorable Seasons and wanted to share the details here too so everyone has a chance to follow along. Even if you haven't done the other weeks, they are still doing a drawing for everyone who participates this week and the prize will be a gift certificate to the Memorable Seasons online store. I can't wait to see what you all come up with! The Throwdown is a "recipe" to follow for each week. Here's the details:

"Where's the Beef"
Don't be chicken...beef up your album with a two-page layout!

The menu for this bonus meal includes:
1. Main Meal (Two-page layout): Beef is brown, so include the color brown somehow on your layout.
2. Served on your best China Patterns: Pick 3 pattern papers to use on your layout.
3. Beverage will be Punch: Use a punch or die cut on your layout.
4. Sugary Dessert of your Choice: Add some "sugar" to your layout with glitter or gemstones, your choice.
The deadline to finish this challenge if you are entering the contest is Sunday, March 14 by midnight.

Here is my sample for this bonus challenge:
Here's how I followed the challenge "recipe":
1. I created a two-page layout with brown borders.
2. My three pattern papers I used were the yellow and blue plaid on the top, the blue pattern on the 2nd page, and the cream wood grain paper. The letters I used for the title were cut from the backside of the yellow and blue plaid paper.
3. I used a border punch along with some star punches.
4. My "sugar" was added with some Rocky Candy Distress stickles on the larger punched stars and I also added tiny clear gemstones to the center of the silver star sequins on the smaller punched stars.

Here are some more detailed pictures of this layout:

No comments: