Monday, December 21, 2009

Cards made from scraps

Here are some cards I made from the same scrap paper technique I highlighted in an earlier post on my blog.
I loved the mix of the patterns once they were cut and adhered to the putty colored strip and was inspired to create some quick Christmas cards. These cards are also featured on the Scrap Our Stash Challenge blog today.

The first one uses a small section of the paper strips and a couple of different stamps. The angel was stamped directly onto the black card base with versamark ink and heat embossed with clear powder. The stamp "Merry Christmas" was also stamped with versamark. I sprinkled some Heat and Stick powder onto the sticky ink, and heat set it quickly to melt the powder, then sprinkled on some black glitter and heat set it again. The top corner was rounded with a corner rounder to finish off the card.


The next card used a kraft colored card base to warm up the card and I hand cut some holly leaves from the left over green paper scraps. The red berries were punched with the larger end of my Crop-a-dile and I adhered the leaves and berries to the card with foam tape, then added diamond stickles to accent them. The saying was stamped with black ink directly onto the putty colored strip of paper that held the pattern papers.
 
 

Again, this is a fun way to use up your scraps! :)

1 comment:

Sue McGettigan said...

Cute way to use paper scraps - I can see this working with all sorts of papers!